1/11/2005

Credit
Sometimes I wonder if having credit is worth it. I have finally reached the stage in my life that I can use my credit card and pay it off. My husband and I found what we thought was a good deal on a credit card that pays more cash back than we are currently getting for gas purchases that are swiped at the pump. Since most of our family lives quite a ways away and I travel as a teacher, that seemed like a good idea.

My husband made the application over the phone, and at the same time he asked for duplicate credit cards for an account we have with the same company. There was no problem with the duplicates, but there was with the new application. The credit employee called my husband at his place of employment, but then she refused to verify the employment because the phone number was not in the phone book. Actually, I am sure that the phone number is somewhere im the phone book because private citizens don't have problems with finding it. My husband couldn't find it though, even when he looked under the company's old name. And he works for the railroad, whose headquarters is in Atlanta, so its listing really isn't up to him. Anyway...application denied.

Knowing that I have a card in my name, I called in when I saw the letter. As happens so often, the railroad called my husband out to yet another place, and I thought that this, at least, I could take care of for him. But no. I am an authorized user, but I have no legal rights to any information about the account. Having been married for 27 years, that sort of irritates me. I am listed as his spouse, not his child. I would think I could handle the information. I guess it is a good thing I have an account of my own elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home