1/07/2005

Husbands and Stay-at-Home Wives
Some husbands annoy me. Seldom is the husband that annoys me my own, and I try to remember exactly how lucky I am.

My current pet peeve is husbands who don't recognize the value of what their stay-at-home wives do. They want income. Money. I no longer have children at home, but since we had the last two days off school, I have done a lot of housework. My husband's clothes are clean. His meals are planned and I shopped for the food to make them, although I do not always cook. The dishes are done. The mail is sorted and that which demands his immediate attention is laid out for him. He takes care of checkwriting in our house, but I take it over when he is busy. When the kids WERE home, their needs were taken care of as well. My husband traveled at that time, and I was the parent who delivered them to their various practices. I admit that vacuuming was not a big thing to me and that housework was ignored at times when I had a full-time job, but much of the time, all my husband had to do was come home and relax.

I don't know how much all these services would cost if you had to hire them out, but I DO know how much time they take. Maybe it is time that some guys quit taking their wives for granted. Maybe they could appreciate the little things wives do, which add up, and even appreciate their wives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home