1/07/2005

Ice Storms
When I was a little girl, I sort of liked ice storms. They were soooo pretty, and even though I had to walk to school and those were the days before girls were allowed to wear pants and I was not a big fan of snowpants, they were sort of fun to walk to school in. The adults were wrong, though; walking on the grass was not all that much easier.

Since I moved to Indiana, I have appreciated Toledo Edicon in that our power seldom went off and was never off more than 24 hours. It was pretty expensive, but there were benefits. Here, the power blips on and off a lot, and thousands of people were without power during the current storm. A friend of mine called and said she was without power, and the electric company says the outage may last until Monday. This friend has RA like I do, and I know how uncomfortable she must be without heat. Today I went to WalMart and the people were acting shell-shocked. The shelves were half-empty, and that is a rarity for WalMart. There was no water on the shelves.

I still think that ice storms are pretty, but they sure do wreak a lot of havoc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home