1/05/2005

Social Theory and Preschoolers
I am taking a free course in social development for preschoolers who are blind or have limited vision. One of the things that I noticed that I don't remember from my education courses before (of course, I was certified in secondary education) is that children have to be taught to enter a group, and that children who are viewed as popular study the groups they are to enter and do so seamlessly, without calling attention to themselves. I don't think I was ever taught this, nor did I teach it to my children, and it does not seem like something that kids would catch on to on their own. If I get the chance, I will teach my grandsons. A bigger challenge will be the little boy for whose sake I took this course. He has a condition called cortical visual impairment, which has impaired his mind as well as his vision. There are times when he will not be able to study a group visually, and I doubt that he could process what he sees if he did. How do I facilitate things for him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home