1/02/2005

All things work together
One of my friends, an older lady of 70+ years has been e-mailing me about her new grandniece. My friend does not have or expect to have grandchildren of her own, so she is very interested in this, her sister's first grandchild. The first news about the baby was that she had come early, at 35 weeks. The second was that she had pneumonia. The latest is that she has a systemic problem that is causing her intestines to be necrotized. The prognosis is grim.

What do I say to this friend, especially as my own grandchild, as God would have it, was born healthy? How do I comfort her? Here is where those words "All things work together for good to those that love God" are hard to understand. I don't know about the baby's grandma, but my friend loves the Lord. Why did this happen in her family? And no....I do NOT wish it had happened in mine. I just feel for her and her family and what they must be experiencing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home