1/04/2005

Tsunamis and the News
Several years ago I made the decision NOT to watch the evening news. My reason for this was that I was told that doing so would lower my stress level, which needed lowered at the time and still often does. Not watching the evening news does not mean that I do not keep up with what is happening in the world. I catch the morning headlines, and I listen on the radio as I am driving. I look at the news on the web. I just don't think it helps me to hear/see each individual horror story.

My office-mate is a speech pathologist and a rather learned woman. I consider myself to be learned as well, but I did not feel that way as I talked to her about the tsunami and the enormity of its disaster. She watches CNN and listens to Larry King Live and public radion on a regular basis. I try not to have the TV on. Am I putting my head in the sand by not being informed? Or do I know enough when I know that there has been a disaster and people all over the world are affected?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home