2/05/2005

In a Fog Again
Since my husband and I are early risers and both of us hate grocery shopping, I offered to run to the store while he stayed home and took care of some chores.

Central Indiana had fog yesterday morning, but it wasn't anything like this morning! I was on the main drag, the bypass, and I couldn't see street lights until I was within fifty feet of them. The reduced visibility didn't seem to make anyone drive more safely until I was out on the state route, though.

When I was growing up, I don't think I ever saw "pea soup" like this, and I was jealous of those country kids who lived I didn't know where and got delays or cancellations because of it. When I married, though, we raised our children in a rural school district, and I got a real appreciation for fog. It changes sound and often feels like you are driving in a tunnel.

I am looking forward to the sunshine and the snow melting, so this is just a side effect. We never did get a January thaw

1 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Grabby said...

At least they drove more safely on the state route. That is better than two Christmases ago when you got all of that snow.

2/05/2005 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home