1/17/2005

Protection
A couple of weeks ago, I was walking into my local Super Walmart when something hit my leg. I was surprised, and when I looked down to see what it was, I saw the passenger door handle of a car in the lane. I don't think the driver knew she had bumped me. A woman who was putting groceries in her trunk saw what happened and said I should have gotten the license number of the car, but by the time I thought of that, it was turning the corner. At least I wasn't hurt.

Today I was sitting at a stoplight, and I was hit from behind. My car wasn't hurt, and I don't think I was either, but until he saw me put my car in park, the other driver wasn't even going to get out and look. His excuse? He thought I was moving! Now, I do sometimes daydream so that I don't take off like I am at a race, but I had started to move when I felt the impact. He could have made sure I was moving, couldn't he? But at least I wasn't hurt.

I don't think I am superstitious enough to be waiting for someone else to hit me because these things happen in threes, but I do think there is food for thought here. I wasn't hurt, but I easily could have been. Who protected me and why?

I believe that God protects us from more than we will ever know. I think that these two minor incidents may well have been two major ones otherwise. I don't know why sometimes we are protected and sometimes bad things do happen, but I am certainly grateful that Someone who has his eyes on everything has his eyes on me as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Grabby said...

Why didn't you tell me that when I called you? I think that it is an important thing to know when your mother is in a car accident!

1/17/2005 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home