1/16/2005

New Perspective
My husband is one of the calmest and most capable people I know. He is hardly ever short with me, so when he is, I take notice. This past week has been such a time. In all fairness, there have been a lot of emergencies at work that demand his attention and his assistant is nigh unto worthless, so I can understand the pressure. I was worried about the bleedover. I thought maybe he was getting sick and needed but would not take what my fellow teachers term a "mental health" day. He won't take it because the way his assistant is makes him worry that things will be even worse when he gets back.

It just happened that our daughter visited this weekend. She noticed the way her dad was acting and thought maybe he had some of what she called residual anger. She is coming up on a divorce, and when I asked her what she meant, she said that when she was upset with her husband, the upset spilled over into her attitude everywhere.

aha! I would hope that after being married so long I would look for this, but I guess I didn't since it doesn't happen very often. I like to hear about work, but when things are bad he doesn't tell me because he doesn't want to worry me. When I asked him about work, though, he opened right up and told me all that he was facing. He seems to feel better, and I certainly see why he was so stressed. I am thankful for my daughter's insight and the fact that she loves her dad enough to wonder why he was acting strangely instead of getting upset with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home