5/08/2005

Opinions
It is funny how you really don't know that you have them until you are asked.

For instance, yesterday I tried on some capri pants. My husband thought they looked just fine, but I have a long body and short legs, and I didn't think they did anything to enhance my image.

Or...I saw this spinner sort of thing on the way home on Friday, and I liked the way it caught the sun right away, but I didn't buy it until yesterday. Why not, when I liked it?

My father and I seldom see eye to eye on anything, which is sort of weird since he raised me. He gets impatient with me because I don't mind people wondering about what would fill in the blanks in stories, and he doesn't want them added to. When he saw the PASSION OF THE CHRIST, he did not like it that Mel Gibson added the part about Mary's remembering when Jesus fell when He was little. The way I see it, she was Jesus's mother, after all, and I don't see how she could have helped remembering things like that. The Bible does say that she "took these things and pondered them in her heart." She was female, so I doubt that she pondered them once and quit.

Now, in pondering a new template for this blog, I find that I have a stronger opinion than I had previously thought. I like the crumpled paper idea, but the tone of the blog, I think, is decidedly feminine, so the template should reflect that. This is something I never would have known if my son, who helps me with computer things that mystify me, had not bothered to ask.

I once read a sort of conundrum about the generation of ideas, and the question was asked whether speech generated the ideas or whether they were there in the first place. The context of the argument was that certain ideas could not be generated without the right vocabulary, so people who have a limited vocabulary are limited in their ideas. I guess I think that is right because I often do not know that I think or know things until I put them into words, and then sometimes I feel like an idiot because I realize I have known them for a long time. Maybe I am just clarifying my thoughts? Or is that just my opinion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home