4/27/2005

She's 25, and We Still Worry
I am talking about our daughter, whose divorce was final in January.

She has come a long way in the past eight months. She works three jobs, and she is trying to recover from the financial mess in which her divorce left her. Her ex was abusive, and she has pretty much cut off contact with the people she hung with when she was with him. She is taking care of herself again.

All of these things make me happy, as does the fact that she has renewed an acquaintance with a boy she knew in high school. She tells me the little things that she does for her, like walking her to the door, and she is so happy! I am too; I am just sad that for a while those things were foreign to her.

Although she does not like this boy "that way", of course the thought has crossed her dad's and my minds. We just don't want to say anything. Anyway, we talked about it last night. I would prefer to see her marry a Christian when she marries again, and her dad thinks I am obsessive. He wants to see her marry for love.

I see his point; it is just that a similar faith background, I think, gives stability to a marriage. I don't know that this boy is NOT a Christian, but he does work on Sunday morning.

My husband reminded me that when I married him, he did not go to church. I knew that, but I always thought he was a believer, he had just gotten into bad habits. That's how I responded, and he just looked at me.

I hate it when my husband is right, even though I never wanted to marry a man I could outthink. I really have to get over the worrying bit. What was it that sermon said? 94% of what you worry about will never happen anyway. She is my baby, and I just want her to be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home