4/19/2005

- Forbes.com--Happy People Make for Healthy People
- Forbes.com

I just spent the weekend with my grandsons, who are 2 1/2 and four months, and they are two of the happiest babies I have ever seen. I wonder where adults lose this ability, and am convinced that, at least among women, the problem is that we want things settled way before they need to be. My grandsons live in the now, and although the oldest will tell you about his boo-boo or a misadventure, he is sharing information, not stressing. After dropping his dad's cell phone in a glass of water (which ticked off his father no end), he told me repeatedly that we do not put cookies in water or crackers in water, or...

You get the idea. He learned from the incident and moved on. Maybe that is part of the reason some adults have a problem with happiness. We look far ahead for solutions and we don't let go of our past mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home