4/20/2005

CNN.com - Health care: The stealth revolution - Apr 19, 2005
CNN.com - Health care: The stealth revolution - Apr 19, 2005

This article states what those of us with chronic illness fear: that our health system will change and we will be denied the treatments that keep us among the healthy.

It is interesting to me that this article compares US health costs to Canada. In Ohio, we had a family doctor who moved here from Canada because he liked our system better than socialized medicine. In Canada and some other countries with socialized medicine, I would be denied Remicade because my rheumatoid arthritis is serum negative. If I didn't have it, I would probably already have filed for disability instead of remaining in the workforce for the past few years.

Health care cuts profits. Fine. I can deal with that. But how much profit do those at the top really need?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home