2/09/2005

Addendum to Teaching Stuff
I went to service my kindergartener today, and one of the little girls in his class came up and laid her head on my shoulder. It was obvious that she did not feel well, and she ended up in my lap. What is a teacher to do? I offered to take her to the nurse.

Turns out she was sent home with a fever of 102 yesterday, and today her temperature was 103.2. Poor baby! The secretaries were upset that her father had sent her because they told him she had to be fever-free for twenty-four hours, but he works and didn't have anyplace else for her.

What is teaching about if it isn't to advocate for the child if there isn't someone else to do it? Will teachers advocate for my grandsons?

Whatever will I do without this job next year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home