8/09/2005

One of Those Feelings
Ever get one of those feelings? Like you know something is going to happen to change your life? I get them now and again, and usually, nothing comes of them. When I was younger, I let them really bother me, but now I try not to. Usually.

Yesterday, my husband came home and said that the head of his division was coming to Marion today and that his immediate superior (who is twenty-six and new to the job) was nervous about it. Now, this man comes out to the Hoosier boondocks at times, and he sometimes comes unannounced, but the fact that neither my husband nor the kid knew why, well....given the recent movement in the railroad ranks, that makes me nervous. What if we get transferred?

The only opening that I know of in my husband's division is near Chicago, which I suppose would not be such a bad place to life except I hear that it is really expensive and much farther from our family. We already agreed that if he gets transferred again before he retires, we will live in an apartment because it will be temporary. I am starting a new job, but it is hourly, not salaried, so it wouldn't be a big deal to leave it. I am afraid it would be really hard to sell our house in this area, though, because it is so economically depressed. Most of the houses in my neighborhood stay on the market a year or more.

Probably nothing will happen. But I will still feel better when my husband comes home and tells me that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home