8/07/2005

Offending People without Meaning To
Yesterday, I received a Mary Kay catalog in the mail. My daughter-in-law sold Mary Kay a while ago, and the person who sent the catalog was her mentor. I am a lost cause make-up-wise. My family knows this, and even though they get me to buy some from time to time, I seldom use it.

I decided to e-mail the lady back and tell her to save her pennies and not mail me one again for precisely that reason. No fault to her for marketing her product. I just know I won't use it, and I would imagine that in a business you are in for yourself, every penny counts. I even commended her on her marketing, meaning that she is several states away and is a go-getter to send a catalog to me. ( And were it Avon, I might have responded.)

She wrote back and said she was sorry she had offended me, and I feel bad. I really just wanted to save her the money. Maybe this is what the Bible means when it talks about sins that you don't know you committed.

I wrote back and told her it was fine, but I will not open any more e-mails if I get them from her. It is just so frustrating to try to do the right thing and have it end up like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home