6/01/2005

Too Pushy?
Today I did something I don't remember ever doing before. I heard about a clerical job that interested me, and I called the person involved to let her know that I was interested. She just received the budget go-ahead and had told me that she was considering me for another position, but I didn't know if she would see this one as a possibility if I didn't bring it to her attention.

I did not seek my last two jobs; they sort of fell into my lap. And I am not complaining. I learned a lot from both of them. But now that it is time to move on, I am thinking about "expanding my horizons" so to speak. I read on the net the other day that one way to keep your mind sharp is to change jobs. This job would still be in education, but it would be serving behind the scenes. I told my husband it would be like riding with him when he patrols the tracks; he sees the same towns that he sees when he drives through them on the road, but from a different perspective.

We shall see, I guess. I don't want to hope too much. I got notice from the director of personnel today that my name was officially give to the board of education to teach at the high school next year, but she and I have discussed the fact that I have no intention of taking that position. I hope the posting does not eliminate me from the running for some non-certified positions in which I have expressed interest. And I hope the lady I called today did not think I was too pushy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home