6/01/2005

Stress and Lies
My husband came home really tired last night and did something I don't remember his ever doing before: he told me he needed to take a nap.

Part of the reason, I think, is the stress that he is under. We came home from a pleasant weekend celebrating our youngest grandson's baptism to find a message about something his assistant should have handled and apparently didn't. This is normal for his assistant, and I often wonder why he still has a job, but he does, and it isn't my place to decide otherwise. Anyway, my husband called the assistant and was told that the whole thing had been blown out of proportion and that the assistant had handled it. Good.

Only thing is that later the man who really assists my husband called him to tell him the real story, and that did not involve the assistant's "handling it." Actually, it involved the assitant's not being available when he was supposed to be yet again and my husband's immediate superior handling it. My husband got the scoop from the superior who, as of this morning is in a higher position in another state, so he knows the truth. And it doesn't surprise him. But what do you do with an assistant that lies? In this instance, my husband did not suffer repercussions from the lies, but he could have.

I know that in the male world you do not confront a liar, but I figure it is a lot of stress on my husband to double-check things that he knows are important rather than trust this man's word. I guess all I can do for my husband is listen and pray, but I wish I could do more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home