6/07/2005

Hopes and Dreams
I just had lunch with a friend, and we were talking about our adult daughters. Mine is twenty-five; hers is twenty-seven. Mine went through a bad marriage; hers has not yet married. What do we want for them? Happy marriages, of course.

This is an area where I really have to watch how I pray because I do want my daughter happily married, but I want what God has planned for her. I know His plan is way better than what I could plan for her.

NEVERTHELESS...I could not help but smile when she told me that her current friend called her and asked her to go walking at Maumee Bay State Park. That is my idea of a nice, romantic evening. I can't tell where they are heading, but at the very least they make each other happy. I do not always wait patiently for things to happen God's way, but I am thankful for the dash of happiness He added to my daughter's life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home