5/16/2005

Oprah and Abs
Although a lot of ethereal things do occupy my mind, so does the effect that age has on my body. It is for that reason that I watched Oprah last Friday. I don't catch her show very often, but she was going to give diet tips. She is a year older than I am and she sure doesn't look it, so I thought it was worth a listen.

I do many of the things that Oprah suggested. Others, I thought, would require a personal trainer or a body that did not have RA. Eight hours of vigorous exercise a week? I think I might get in half of that, and I know it is not vigorous, but it is what my body can stand.

What I was really interested in, though, was the abs, mostly because I have noticed that a lot of older women with really thin legs have really big stomachs, or so it seems to me. And that seems to be the way my body is going, even though my weight is almost under control.

I was dismayed to hear that Oprah got her abs by doing 300 sit-ups a day. 300!! I think I would be lucky to do two! I talked to my daughter, though, who has a degree in kinesiotherapy, and while she agreed with me that I could probably not match what Oprah does in sit-ups, I could help myself with crunches. She demonstrated. I did some. I asked her for a goal. She said do ten of them three times a day, and add five a week.

That I can do. I think. I may not ever have Oprah's abs, but I am looking forward to toning my own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home