3/07/2005

Jobs
Sometimes, because my thinking is preoccupied with what job I will work next year, I forget that I am not the only one who wonders. My son, who will soon be discharged from the Marines wonders. The secretaries downtown and even some of the administrators wonder. And though many of us believe that God is in control of where we end up, we have a hard time allowing Him to work. He takes so darn long!

Today I was presented with proof that it is better to wait, though. A year ago at Christmas, my husband was offered a job in Dearborn, MI, and oh, how I wanted it! We would have been so close to where we lived most of our married life and MUCH closer to most of our family. My husband and I talked the job over, though, and decided it was a bad career move. He would have no company vehicle, and his salary would have been capped at about $4000 less than what he is currently making with no chance for advancement. I understood all of that, but I was still sort of angry with God because something I wanted so much had been dangled in front of my face and was so obviously wrong.

Today, my husband came home and told me that the particular job he had been offered and all the others like it are on the chopping block. The man who took the job was from archives, and that department has been eliminated, so he doesn't know where he will go. How thankful I am that God knew better than I did and presented my husband and me with a clear choice! He protected us, although I didn't see it then, and He deserves praise for having done so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home