2/28/2005

The Weekend
It was a long weekend and one from which I needed to recuperate, but my sons' family is now moved to Columbus, OH. I enjoyed the road trip from VA to OH with my daughter-in-law and the babies. I am still smiling from some of the things the two year old came up with.

One reason I am thankful for the trip is that it gave me a chance to talk to my daughter-in-law about the difference between knowing your church and knowing Jesus. She had already thought about this issue because, when describing an older woman that she knows who professes Christianity, my daughter-in-law stated that the woman was not who she thought of when she thought of a Christian woman.

I think this is important because, even if it is unconscious at this point, it is evident that my daughter-in-law has an opinion about who a Christian woman should be. I did too when I was her age. I used Proverbs 31 as my standard. She does not yet know the Bible enough to pick that, I don't think, but it is obvious that she is growing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home