7/07/2005

Spouses and Worry
When I was younger, I worried about losing my husband, but in a really general way, like that it COULD happen, but we were young and it didn't happen very often. He used to travel a lot, and a railroad newsletter he received talked about a railroad employee who was found dead in a motel room. He had knocked the phone off. Evidently he was reaching for it. That gave me cold chills, and I have to admit that I do not like to leave my husband alone because of that story. And yes, I do know that when his time comes, my being there will not postpone it.

Anyway, the worry gets different when you get older and all of a sudden you know a lot of men your husband's age or thereabouts who die suddenly and unexpectedly. Now I don't think that it COULD happen. I know that it will, and while I feel for the people I know who have lost spouses, I look at my own and thank God he is still here.

Should have had that attitude when I was younger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home