7/02/2005

Food for Marital Thought
I heard a good teaching on the radio concerning I Corinthians 13. It was either on Hope for the Heart or Revive Our Hearts; I can't remember which. Anyway, it came to mind because of what I heard in the beauty parlor on Wednesday. Women all like to talk, and they like to say things about their spouses or significant others like, "If only he'd...."

The point of the talk that I heard was to look to yourself. The speaker felt that women in particular like to quote I Corinthians 13 to their husbands as a means of pointing out their shortcomings. You know: if only you were patient, if only you were kind. And so on. She thought it would be better to substitute your own name in these verses and see if you are doing what you should be doing. Is Becky patient? Is Becky kind? Hmmmmm. Changes your perspective, if you know what I mean.

I Corinthians 13:4-8 is listed below. Substitute your name and see if you are being the spouse you were meant to be.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home