3/29/2005

Why Worrying Doesn't Help a Thing
Today I was really upset all day because of a phone call that I got last night about which I could do nothing, really, except worry. Which I did. I did a lot of praying too, but not having that omniscient viewpoint, the praying did not appear to be doing any good whatsoever. Consequently, by the time I checked my e-mail in the PM and found a nasty response, I was in tears.

I should have known better. The second half of Matthew 6:8, in talking about prayer, says that the Father in heaven knows what you need before you ask. Such was the case today. As I was crying and walking in the park lamenting to God that I did not know what to do, the situation, 150 miles away, was being resolved.

I give God the credit for the resolution. While not all the parts are fixed, things are better. I wish I were a little smarter so I would remember things like this more quickly. It would save me a LOT of heartache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home