7/20/2005

The Power of Prayer
I read this article on Google Health that said prayer doesn't help sick people if they don't know they are being prayed for. I wish I had saved the link. Anyway, I know that prayer works, but I don't know if you would see it as working if you didn't believe in it. I wonder if the people in the study who didn't know they were being prayed for believed in the power of prayer in the first place. And if they did, they probably knew that someone was praying for them.

I was reminded of this when my husband called this morning to tell me about a situation at work. Now I try always to pray for him about work, both before he leaves and during the day as it enters my mind. I even pray for his employees sometimes. This morning, though, I told him that I would pray about his situation, adding it to my list. He responded that that was his reason for calling. How could I pray if I didn't know?

Seems obvious to me that part of the power of prayer is in knowing that your burden is not yours alone. How lucky we are if we have a network of people to pray for us. But even if we don't, we still have God. Jesus promised us this when he said in Matthew 11:28, (NIV)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home